Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Wetting Accidents

Jazzy is having some unusual wetting accidents. She has wet her bed once, and our bed twice. This is not from squatting out of rebellion on the bed, but actually being asleep and being incontinent. As you know, it is unusual for a dog to urinate in his own sleeping quarters. She didn't just go a little, but lost a lot of urine.

Then there was the time she was playing with Russ, and just all of a sudden water gushed out of her. No squatting, no stopping, just total incontinence. Not excitement incontinence (she sometimes has that too, and that is just little dribbles), but a gush of urine. Poor thing.

The last 2 nights she has not had an accident. I'm pulling her water earlier in the evening, and when I get up in the night I get her up to go too. This is helping. And we are trying a more disciplined bathroom schedule, to make sure she is going when she should.

But-we had a weird thing happen last night. Jazzy climbed up on me as I was laying on the couch, and wet all over me. I couldn't tell if she was squatting or if it was an accident. But it was a LOT.

So, we are really going to watch her more and get this thing under control. If it is not a schedule problem, then we will have to have her evaluated for other things. We don't want the high vet bills, though!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home